Pokukrom (Ash), Nov 16, GNA – Two children, aged four and two years, were burnt to ashes when fire engulfed the room in which they were sleeping at Apatrapa, a suburb of Kumasi.
The mother of the deceased kids is a trader, and usually returns to the house late.
The routine has been for the father to lock up Yaa Dufie and her younger brother Osei Kwadwo in their room anytime he was going outside.
He had put them in a candle-lit room and left to see a friend when this time round, things went tragic.
The room caught fire from the burning candle and spread quickly to swallow up the entire building.
Police Detective Chief Inspector Ekow Gaise of the Abuakwa District Command confirmed the incident to the Ghana News Agency (GNA) and said firefighters called in could not salvage anything.