Accra, July 24, GNA – Dr Patrick Amo-Mensah, the Medical Director of the Kaneshie Polyclinic, has appealed to the government to complete the abandoned expansion project of the hospital to help ensure the delivery of quality services.
He said the project, which was stalled in 2004, when completed would take care of over 300 to 400 cases daily.
Dr Amo-Mensah made the appeal in an interview with the Ghana News Agency after Dr Alfred Oko Vanderpuije, the Accra Metropolitan Chief Executive, had handed over two electricity generators.
The GHC 400,000 generators were part of donations made by the Accra Metropolitan Assembly (AMA) to help ameliorate the power concerns of the Polyclinic.
Dr Amo-Mensah said the hospital catchment areas which include Kaneshie, Bubiashie, Avenor, Tesanor and Darkuman are all densely populated and rely mostly on the Kaneshie Polyclinic for their healthcare.
He said it is rather unfortunate that the expansion of the facility has been halted without any explanation.
Dr Vanderpuije said government would not shirk its responsibility to the health needs of the people, and urged the authorities of the Polyclinic to take advantage of the newly installed generators to continue their good works.
He gave the assurance that he would contact the Ghana Health Service to find out why the expansion project had been abandoned since 2004.
Eventually we will ensure that all our policies geared at facilitating the effective implementation of health infrastructures would be fulfilled, he said.
The AMA also made a similar presentation of generators to the Ussher and the Adabraka Polyclinics.