Category: Local Sports Created on Tuesday, 24 July 2012 20:49 Published Date Written by All Ghana News Hits: 383
Accra, July 24, GNA - The Ghana Football Association (GFA) has called off Sunday's FA Cup final as the country mourns the passing away of the President, Prof. John Evans Atta Mills.
President Mills, 68, an ardent sportsman and enthusiast passed away on Tuesday afternoon at the 37 Military Hospital after being taken ill.
He was a keen sportsman and held various positions including one-time the Board Chairman of Accra Hearts of Oak.
President Mills, a former hockey player, also held high psitions at the National Sports Council and Ghana Olympic Committee.
Meanwhile a statement issued by the GFA copied to GNA Sports said the final of the knockout competition has been scheduled for Sunday, August 5 at the Accra Sports Stadium.
“The final of the Cup competition between New Edubiase FC and AshantiGold FC will now be played on August 5th, 2012 at the Accra Sports Stadium,” the GFA statement said.
- Injury blow for Sudan ahead of Ghana clash
- Kotoko suffers first home defeat
- Satellites beat Benin at African Youth Championshi...
- Minister wills Stars for victory against Sudan
- Ghanaian referees named for DR Congo-Libya qualifi...
- Sudan names controversial Eldin Ali for Ghana tie
- Sudan shelve Ethiopia camp for Ghana tie
- Medeama stay atop, Hearts climb on
- Hearts continue with steady rise
- Ebubiase beat Heart of Lions at Bekwai
- Medeama overpowers Faisal to maintain lead
- CAS dismisses Sudan appeal as Zambia stay top
- Shaky start for New Edubiase in Confederations Cup...
- Nania FC to play Bofoakwa in MTN FA Cup competitio...
- Kotoko demolishes Nguema
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.