Category: Education Created on Thursday, 05 July 2012 17:42 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 288
Nkoranza (B/A), July 05, GNA – The Ghana Education Trust Fund (GETFUND), has funded the construction of a dining hall complex with furniture estimated at GHc385,000 for Nkoranza Senior High School in Brong-Ahafo.
The building comprised a kitchen, bathrooms and places of convenience, as well as a 1,500 capacity hall.
Mr. Patrick Fiadjo, Quantity Surveyor at the Sunyani Office of the Architectural Engineering Services Limited (AESL), who handed it over to the school’s authorities at the weekend, advised the staff and students to maintain the facility well for it to last longer.
He said the official take-over of the project from the construction company would be held in six months time when the consultants, AESL, would have certified it to be completed.
The quantity surveyor asked the construction firm, MUSKIN Enterprise Ghana Limited, a Wa-based building construction firm in Upper West Region, to correct any defect on the building before December.
Mr. Bernard Oppong Benson, Assistant Engineer of Nkoranza South District Assembly, called on the students to keep the place neat and to avoid soiling the walls.
Nana Emelia Rachel Fosu, headmistress, commended the government for providing a number of facilities for the school to enhance its development.
She expressed appreciation for the efforts of the GETFUND in funding the provision of other projects in the school including a boys’ dormitory block and a 12-unit classroom block, which she said would help to increase enrollment.
Mr. Kwame Owusu Sekyere, Chairman of the school's board, thanked the Government for providing the necessary educational facilities to create the congenial atmosphere for sound teaching and learning.
- Security Chiefs to strengthen surveillance in Kuma...
- GAF reschedules date for recruitment selection pro...
- SADA, NADMO organise disaster risk reduction forum
- Minister declares 24 hour surveillance in galamsey...
- David Lamptey’s family seeks criminal investigat...
- United Nations Foundation launches Sustainable Ene...
- Poultry farmer appeals for government subsidy on a...
- Responding to child abuse is expensive- UN
- Schools in Secondi-Takoradi remained closed
- Government to put cameras on Tema Motorway to chec...
- KNUST to promote market-driven programmes – Prof...
- Food insecurity still rife in Northern Ghana – W...
- Parliament approves GHc 2,560,322.00 for National ...
- Coalition of Concerned Teachers joins strike
- Severe rainstorm hits four communities in Nkoranza...
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.