Category: Religion Created on Tuesday, 07 August 2012 12:08 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 387
Sunyani (B/A), Aug. 7, GNA - The Sunyani Central Church of Pentecost on Sunday ended a four- day revival conference under the theme “Jesus cares for you”.
Speaking to the Ghana News Agency (GNA), Reverend Charles Boamah Asante, Sunyani District Pastor of the church said, the conference was to equip members and all believers to build their faith in Christ.
He noted that fear had become a wave that had swamped many Christians in the time of their tribulations and problems and had prevented them from realizing their purpose in life.
He expressed the hope that Christians could attain higher heights and achieve their purposes in life through effective prayers and faith in Christ.
“When a furious squall came up and the waves broke over the boat, the disciples became terrified and called on Jesus who rebuked the storm but questioned the disciples about their faith in Him” he said.
“It was therefore bound on us as Christians to have faith and believe in God whenever we prayed” he added.
Reverend Asante said it was not a crime for Christians and believers to live a wealthy life and cited Job in the bible as an example of a wealthy Christian.
He however cautioned believers not to acquire their wealth through dubious means but through the right process such as working hard.
The reverend Minister advised Christians “not to put their faith in anointing oils which could finish but in God who is father of all grace since anointing is not received in oils but from God” he stressed.
Rev. Asante said just as Christians wanted to live problem free lives, it was equally important for them to live lives that could win more souls into the Kingdom of God.
He admonished Christians to fashion their lives in a way that would establish them “as holy and pure men and women of integrity”.
Rev. Asante led participants in an intercessory special prayer for the country and called for peace towards the upcoming elections.
- Security Chiefs to strengthen surveillance in Kuma...
- GAF reschedules date for recruitment selection pro...
- SADA, NADMO organise disaster risk reduction forum
- Minister declares 24 hour surveillance in galamsey...
- David Lamptey’s family seeks criminal investigat...
- United Nations Foundation launches Sustainable Ene...
- Poultry farmer appeals for government subsidy on a...
- Responding to child abuse is expensive- UN
- Schools in Secondi-Takoradi remained closed
- Government to put cameras on Tema Motorway to chec...
- KNUST to promote market-driven programmes – Prof...
- Food insecurity still rife in Northern Ghana – W...
- Parliament approves GHc 2,560,322.00 for National ...
- Coalition of Concerned Teachers joins strike
- Severe rainstorm hits four communities in Nkoranza...
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.