Category: Religion Created on Wednesday, 18 July 2012 09:25 Published Date Written by All Ghana News Hits: 499
Akim Oda (E/R), July 17, GNA – The Chief of Akim Aboabo near Akim Oda, Nana Ampomah Kubray Yeboah III, has appealed to the youth to trust in God and refrain from indiscipline.
He has also pledged to establish business in the community to give gainful employment to the youth to restrain them from urban migration.
Nana Yeboah was speaking as a special guest of honour at the 10th Anniversary Celebration of the God’s Outreach Bible Church at Akim Aboabo in the Eastern Region at the weekend.
Briefing the Ghana News Agency, Pastor Aboagye Ankomah, Head Pastor of the Church said activities for the week-long programme included prayers for the nation for peaceful, fair and transparent elections in December.
A debate was organised as part of the activities for the celebration under the title, “Who are the most important in the Church businesses."
Other activities were clean-up exercise in the community, discussions on civic and public law which was delivered by Mr Alber Annoh, a Circuit Court Judge.
The Head Pastor said the Church was started on 21 March 2002 at the Pastor’s house with five adults and five children, and that currently the membership had increased to over 315.
On achievements, the Pastor said the Church had sponsored three needy but brilliant children in basic school and that plans were far advanced to establish orphanage.
He said for the past six years the Church had organised get-togethers yearly for the aged during the Christmas period.
- Security Chiefs to strengthen surveillance in Kuma...
- GAF reschedules date for recruitment selection pro...
- SADA, NADMO organise disaster risk reduction forum
- Minister declares 24 hour surveillance in galamsey...
- David Lamptey’s family seeks criminal investigat...
- United Nations Foundation launches Sustainable Ene...
- Poultry farmer appeals for government subsidy on a...
- Responding to child abuse is expensive- UN
- Schools in Secondi-Takoradi remained closed
- Government to put cameras on Tema Motorway to chec...
- KNUST to promote market-driven programmes – Prof...
- Food insecurity still rife in Northern Ghana – W...
- Parliament approves GHc 2,560,322.00 for National ...
- Coalition of Concerned Teachers joins strike
- Severe rainstorm hits four communities in Nkoranza...
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.