Category: Crime Created on Saturday, 18 August 2012 15:11 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 365
Nkawie (Ash), Aug 17, GNA – A circuit court at Nkawie on Thursday remanded into prison custody a man and his two sons for allegedly threatening to kill workers of the Electricity Company Ghana (ECG), who were performing their official duties.
The court did not take the pleas of John Owusu and his sons; Frank Osei and John Owusu Junior, and they would re-appear before court on Monday, September 3.
Police Chief Inspector Philip Jagri told the court that the ECG employees, Timothy Mileyon, Issaka Karim and Samuel Osei, went to check illegal electricity connections and to disconnect power to customers owing the company in unpaid bills, at Asonomaso near Abuakwa, in the Atwima-Nwabiagya District, on August 15.
The prosecution said when the workers got to the house of the suspects, they detected that electricity had been tapped illegally.
Chief Insp. Jagri said when the workers attempted to disconnect power in the house of the suspects; Owusu Junior threatened to kill the workers with a single -barrelled gun.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.