Category: Crime Created on Wednesday, 11 July 2012 10:12 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 253
Sekondi, (W/R) July 10, GNA—A 12-year old Ivorian, Saudou Amin, has been apprehended by the Takoradi Port Police for attempting to stowaway aboard a Liberian vessel that docked at the Takoradi Harbour enroute to Brazil.
The Police has handed him over to the Ghana Immigration Service towards deportation to his home country.
The Takoradi Port Police Unit Commander, Chief Superintendent George Tweneboa, confirmed to the Ghana News Agency, on Tuesday, that the boy boarded the ship at Abidjan when it was sailing to Ghana.
He said on Thursday July 5, at about 1500hours when the Liberian vessel, MV Milos Monrovia, berthed at the Takoradi Port from Abidjan, the crew discovered Saudou Amin hiding in an obscure part of the ship.
Chief Superintendent Tweneboa stated that Amin was, consequently, handed over to the Immigration Service.
The Takoradi Police Unit Commander said the MV Milos Monrovia vessel has since departed to Brazil.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.