Category: Crime Created on Thursday, 28 June 2012 18:18 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 312
Accra, June 28, GNA - Gideon Tetteh, an electrician, who tampered with a prepaid meter belonging to Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG), has been sentenced to three months imprisonment by the Osu District Magistrate's Court.
In addition, Tetteh is to pay a fine of GHC1,080.
He pleaded guilty to intentionally interfering or knowingly allow interference with ECG distribution system of power.
The court presided over by Mr Aboagye Tandoh convicted Tetteh on his own plea.
Prosecuting, Mr Paul Assibi Abariga, an Attorney from the ECG told the court that the complainant was a staff of ECG and works with the Lost Control Unit of the company.
He said the convict resides at Koforidua, and on June 6, this year, the complainant together with his team went to the house of a witness in the case in one of their usual field investigations.
Mr Abariga said during the inspection, the team detected that the meter had been tampered with, the witness was therefore quizzed and he stated he could not use his prepaid card for the meter, therefore, he asked the convict to have a look at it and rectify the anomaly.
The convict was subsequently arrested and he admitted the offence.
Mr Abariga said Tetteh tampered with the meter to enable the witness secure power but he forgot to reverse it.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.