Category: Crime Created on Saturday, 23 June 2012 13:52 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 249
Dormaa-Ahenkro (B/A), June 22, GNA – Drama unfolded at the Dormaa Circuit Court on Friday when Evans Gyansah alias “Atomic” from Tronang near Dormaa-Ahenkro who was convicted and sentenced to five years imprisonment suddenly broke down and sobbed hysterically amid persistent pleas for pardon.
Gyansah was convicted on two counts of stealing and attempted rape. He was sentenced to eight months imprisonment for count one and five years for the second count to run concurrently.
Even though the accused was said to have admitted his guilt in a caution statement to the police prior to their investigations, he still chose to plead innocent when he appeared before the court.
Chief Inspector Bismarck Boye-Lartey told the court presided by Mr. Alexander Osei Tutu that the complainant in the case was an Accra-based hairdresser who attended a funeral at Amasu on May 2 this year.
He said during the funeral the accused bought the complainant some tots of “Mafia” alcoholic drink.
Chief Inspector Boye-Lartey said when the accused found that she had become tipsy he lured her into his room and attempted to have sex with her but she resisted the advances.
When she realized that the accused was really bent on having his way she screamed for help and managed to escape from the room.
The prosecutor said the accused managed to steal her TECNO T 20 mobile phone worth GHc70 but the police acting upon a tip-off later arrested him with the assistance of some youth, who knew him.
“Upon his arrest, he admitted the offence and a search on him led to the recovery of the mobile phone”, the Chief Inspector added.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.