Category: Crime Created on Wednesday, 13 June 2012 20:12 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 307
Akim Swedru (E/R), June 13, GNA – A 19-year-old unemployed has been jailed seven years for unlawful entry, stealing and possessing fire-arm without authority by the Akim Swedru Circuit Court.
Bright Offei admitted the offences and was charged with one year on the first count, two years on the second count and five years on the third. Counts two and three are to run concurrently.
Detective Inspector Kwaku Appiah told the court, presided over by Mr Yaw Atta Sampong that the complainant, Mr Joseph Nartey is a farmer at Ohianhyeda village near Akenkensu in the Birim South District while Offei claimed to live at Ashaiman near Tema, but his uncle’s village is close to Mr Nartey’s village.
Inspector Appiah said on May 30, this year at about 0700 hours, Mr Nartey and his wife went to their farm and returned at about 1200 hours mid-day, but when he entered his room he saw that the room had been ransacked and an amount of GH¢50.00 stolen.
He said Nartey hurriedly informed the volunteers (watchdog committee) of the area, who strongly suspected Offei as the culprit, rushed to his abode and conducted a search on him.
The watchdog committee found on Offei GH¢30, one locally manufactured pistol and a small hammer.
Inspector Appiah said the convict was handed over to the Police and during interrogations he admitted having gone to Mr Nartey’s village to steal the money but could not tell where he obtained the pistol and the hammer.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.