Category: Business & Economics Created on Monday, 06 August 2012 09:03 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 268
Takoradi, August 04, GNA - The Ghana Gas Company has taken delivery of about 3,271 pipelines from China for the National Gas Project at the Takoradi Port.
Dr Joe Obeng-Adjei, Minister of Energy, Dr Kwesi Botchwey, Chairman of the Board of the Ghana Gas Company, Dr George Adjah Spia-Yankey, Chief Executive Officer of the company and the Western Regional Minister, Mr Paul Evans Aidoo, inspected the consignment on MV Amber Halo.
Another consignment of about 3,271 is due to arrive soon.
The team later inspected a camp for the storage of about 1,268 of the pipelines at Mampong near Takoradi and speaking to the media, Dr Obeng-Adjei said most of the equipment for the project have arrived and the laying of the pipes would soon begin.
He urged the contractors, Sinopec International Petroleum of China, to endeavour to execute quality work within the stipulated budget and on schedule adding that work done must meet international standards and for that quality must not be overlooked in the quest to meet the deadline.
He appealed to communities in areas where the pipelines would be laid to be cooperative and not to create tensions and fan conflicts with people working on the project.
Dr Botchway said the local content of the project would be upheld whether or not there is a Local Content Law.
He said impression has been created that locals would be sidelined in the labour force for the project but this is not the case.
Dr Botchway said local people have been engaged for the project and expertise would only be brought from outside when it is lacking in the country.
Dr Spia-Yankey said it was the wish of the President that the project became a reality and the Ghana Gas Company was doing everything to make it happen.
He said government would pay adequate compensation to those whose crops and properties would destroyed by the project.
- UK Chamber of Commerce trade delegation in Ghana t...
- US commits $200 million towards northern developme...
- MTN invests US$105 million in network infrastructu...
- Nominations opens for Ghana made products award 20...
- Ghana Aid Effectiveness Forum launches 2012 Budget...
- AGI launches 2nd Ghana Industry Awards
- Third tier pension could secure employees loyalty-...
- Projections in Budget Statement Understated-ACEP
- Parliament approves budget estimates for eight pub...
- US Ambassador to Ghana calls on Energy Minister
- NGO to aid producers of handicraft in U/E to impro...
- GIS impounds smuggled fuel and pharmaceutical Prod...
- Finance Minister urges private sector to invest in...
- Review the nation’s tax regime to save the priva...
- Ghanaian businesses in the oil sector must be empo...
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.